- Well Together Bereavement Support Groups: Well Together now runs two bereavement groups. The Bereavement and Loss Support Group ‘Ladies Only’ runs at the Cartwright Hall in Bradford. The Bereavement Support group which is an informal support group for anyone over the age of 18 who has lost a loved one runs at the Little House in Bingley. Contact: 01274 259190.
- Website: www.bdct.nhs.uk/services/well-together-service/
- Bradford Bereavement Support, University of Bradford, Phoenix South West Building, Off Shearbridge Road, Bradford, BD7 1NX. Free bereavement counselling for anyone 16 years or over with a BD postcode. Contact: 01274 619522 or email@example.com. Website: www.bradfordbereavement.org.uk
- The Cellar Trust – Trust Therapies, Farfield Road, Shipley, BD18 4QP
In 2022, Aire, Wharfe & Craven Counselling Services and Bradford Counselling Services merged with The Cellar Trust. They offer counselling and therapy to help individuals explore and cope with a range of emotional challenges.
Contact: 01274 733080; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cruse Bereavement Care, 1D Royal Oak Yard, Raikes Road, Skipton, BD23 1NP. Provides one to one counselling services and group support for any child or adult affected by bereavement or pre-bereavement and lives in Craven or Bradford. Contact: 01756 797799 or email@example.com. National helpline (freephone): 0808 808 1677. Website: www.cruse.org.uk
- Bradford Family Action Children’s Trauma Therapy Service, Kenburgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU. Work with children aged from 5 – 18 years who have experienced a traumatic bereavement. Contact: 01274 651652 or CTTS@family-action.org.uk. Website: www.family-action.org.uk/what-we-do/children-families/bradford/childrens-traumatherapy-service/
- Manorlands Hospice, Keighley Road, Oxenhope, Keighley, BD22 9HJ. Provides bereavement support for families and friends of a loved one who has been cared for at Manorlands. Contact: 01535 642308, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/manorlands-hospice
- Marie Curie Hospice, Maudsley Street, Bradford, BD3 9LE. Provides one to one support for family members and friends of patients who have received support from Marie Curie Hospice. Support also available for children and teenagers. Contact: 01274 337000, email@example.com. Website: www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/hospice-care/bradford
- Samaritans. Provides emotional support to people in crisis or feeling suicidal. Contact: 0330 094 5717 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Freephone: 116 123. Website: www.samaritans.org
- SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity). Offers emotional support and practical help if your baby has died during pregnancy, at birth or shortly after birth. SANDS produce a Bereavement Support Book in a number of languages, free to download or order. It also runs a local support group in Bradford. Contact: 0808 164 3332 or email@example.com. Website: www.sands.org.uk
- Goldline provides round-the-clock single point of contact for patients who are on the nationally recognised Gold Standard Framework (GSF). The GSF offers gold standard care for people with a serious illness who may be in their last year of life. The service covers Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. Leaflet available here.
T. 01535 292 768
- Martin House Hospice – bereavement support – Offers support to all families following the death of their child. Support can take place in the hospice, or in local counselling rooms. They accept referrals which relate to death of a child, baby or young person. You do not need to have used Martin House Hospice before.
Please note: inclusion in this list does not imply recommendation or endorsement by Carers’ Resource.
If you need further information, this information in another format, or would like to discuss any aspect of your caring role, please contact Carers’ Resource.