Who is Home From Hospital for?
Home From Hospital in Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale is for adults who are being discharged home and need extra support. We help more than 2,000 people each year, significantly reducing hospital readmissions. People we can help include:
- patients at risk of readmission to hospital
- people worried about how they will cope when they get home
- people with dementia and long term conditions
- people living alone and people living with someone
How do we help people?
The Home from Hospital team and volunteers ease the process of settling back home. They enable people to regain confidence and independence. The service usually includes a home visit to discuss any concerns and immediate needs the person may have, but during the coronavirus crisis the team will instead support residents by telephone and:
- deliver a basic hamper
- give weekly calls for up to six weeks
- liaise with health and social care professionals
- help to access appropriate benefits
- help to set up ongoing support e.g. domiciliary services for the future and telephone befriending
If you want help, please speak to your health professional and ask them to refer you to Home from Hospital.
Health professionals: how to make a referral
Tel: 01274 531377
Volunteer with Home From Hospital
Volunteers are vital to the success of Home From Hospital. They ensure that local people have support when they need it most. Could you spare a couple of hours a week to help people returning home after a hospital stay to feel more comfortable and supported? All our volunteers receive full training and on-going support throughout their work.
If you would like more information on becoming a volunteer please contact us on: 01274 531377 or use the website contact form.
We would have been in a real mess without HFH as we didn’t know how to access any services that my Dad needed. You have been brilliant and especially because we live away in Scarborough.