When your child has additional needs, life can be incredibly demanding. While first and foremost you may see yourself as a parent, you are also a carer and that means there is support available and we are here to help you
Finding the right support and services for your child may feel overwhelming, especially at the time you first get a diagnosis or when significant changes are happening, like starting or changing schools, or when your child is approaching 18. We can help you:
- Navigate the health, social care and education systems for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including the benefits and grants you might be eligible for.
- Find out what services and support for you and your family are available locally.
- Support brothers and sisters of your SEND child through our Young Carer service.
- Look after yourself, with emotional and practical support that we offer to all carers.
- Find peer support and relaxation through our groups, events and social media.