Serving the people of Bradford, Harrogate, Selby and Craven Districts

If your child has significant additional needs in comparison with other children their age then they may be entitled to Disabled Living Allowance, or Personal Independence Payment if they are over 16.

These benefits may also affect Universal Credit or Tax Credits and your child’s main carer may be entitled to Carers Allowance, so the overall impact on a household income can be significant.

Contact has produced clear information about benefits and tax credits which we have linked to here:

The application form for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is complicated and can be upsetting to complete. It is one of our most common requests for help from parent carers so we have produced a guide to help with this:

Also, watch out for webinars on DLA and PIP which we run occasionally, Join our Facebook groups to keep up to date with these and other online support