Going home after a spell in hospital can be a daunting prospect for many patients. Our Home From Hospital (HFH) service helps people to be more confident and comfortable when returning home.
I do not know what I would have done or how I would have got back on my feet without them, they have helped me feel better, which in turn has helped me get better
Who is Home From Hospital for?
Home From Hospital is for adults who live in Bradford, Airedale and Wharfedale who are being discharged home and need extra support. People we can help include:
- patients at risk of readmission to hospital
- people worried about how they will cope when they get home
- people with dementia and long term conditions
- people living alone and people living with someone
How do we help people?
The Home from Hospital team and volunteers ease the process of settling back home. They enable people to regain confidence and independence. The service includes a home visit to discuss any concerns and immediate needs the person may have and:
- a basic hamper
- weekly visits and calls for up to six weeks
- liaising with health and social care professionals
- help to access appropriate benefits
- help to organise ongoing support eg domiciliary services and befriending
We would have been in a real mess without HFH as we didn’t know how to access any services that my Dad needed. You have been brilliant and especially because we live away in Scarborough
If you want help…
Please speak to your health professional and ask them to refer you to Home from Hospital.
Health professionals: how to make a referral
We help over 500 people each year, significantly reducing hospital readmissions.
To refer to Home From Hospital contact us:
Tel: 01274 531377
Fax: 01274 449673
Find out more
Contact the Home from Hospital Team on 01274 531377 or use the website contact form.