Male carers in the Bradford, Craven and Harrogate areas can reconnect with nature and learn essential survival skills by taking part in a free ‘bushcraft day’ on Monday, 4th September 2023, organised by Carers’ Resource.
Being run as part of the charity’s ‘Men Care Too’ project, the event will provide a fun day of bushcraft activities and campfire chat in a beautiful woodland and camping area on Baildon Moor, north of Bradford.
It’s a chance for male carers to take a break from their caring responsibilities and meet other male carers in a relaxing and supportive environment.
Goran Selby, Men Care Too Project Officer at Carers Resource, said: “We are delighted to be organising this exciting ‘bushcraft day’ for male carers, which will bring them closer to nature and teach them essential survival skills. It’s also an opportunity for them to chat with other male carers and enjoy a well-earned break from their caring role.”
Led by an experienced bushcraft instructor and survival safety trainer, participants will be working together as a group on activities including:
· Firecraft: master the art of fire making and discover different techniques to start and maintain a campfire.
· Shelter building: learn how to construct sturdy and comfortable shelters using natural materials.
· Wilderness cooking: share a delicious meal cooked over an open fire.
· Natural crafts: engage your creativity and craft utensils.
· Woodland sports: archery and axe throwing
· Learning about the woodland and nature around us
This session is free for male carers registered with Carers’ Resource.
All necessary equipment will be provided and light refreshments will be available throughout the day. Dress comfortably and wear suitable outdoor footwear.
Limited places are available, so register early to secure your spot.
For more information and to register for the event, please contact Goran by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07874 867136.
The ‘Men Care Too’ project is being run as part of Carers Trust’s #MakingCarersCount programme.