Carers’ Resource is inviting unpaid carers to a series of drop-in events at our offices on Carers Rights Day, Thursday November 24th.
We will be officially launching our new website at these events, which take place at our Bradford, Skipton, Harrogate and Selby offices from 11am to 2pm on November 24th, and at Bierley Community Centre from 1pm-2.30pm.
Carers, and professionals who work with carers, are invited to drop in to a warm, welcoming setting where food will be available; you can find out more about the new Carers’ Resource website, and access information about the cost of living crisis, carers’ rights, and the support on offer.
Chris Whiley, CEO of Carers’ Resource, said: “For Carers Rights Day this year, Carers’ Resource will be officially launching the charity’s new website as a key source of help and support for carers.
“Our new website is a one-stop shop for all unpaid carers, of any age, across Bradford, Harrogate, Craven and Selby districts. This means carers can find out more about their rights and the support available to them, at any time of the day or night. They can easily register with us or request support online.
“At these events on Carers Rights Day we will also be offering advice and support for carers during the cost of living crisis, and raising awareness of the needs of carers locally and the support available.
“We know there are many carers out there who are looking after a friend or relative, who don’t realise they are a carer and that they have rights.”
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, frailty, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
A carer may be any age including:
- A young carer under 18 years of age.
- A parent carer caring for a child with additional support needs (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- A friend or neighbour providing support to someone who is vulnerable.
- A husband, wife or partner.
- A person caring for an elderly parent who needs support.
Caring for someone can take up a few hours each week, or a carer may be caring for 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Unpaid carers have rights including:
- A free flu vaccine.
- The right to be identified as a carer.
- The right to protection from discrimination.
- The right to receive a Carer’s Assessment.
- The right to discuss flexible working options.
- The right to be consulted on hospital discharge.
To find out more about your rights as a carer, click here: Carers’ Identity and Rights
The Carers’ Resource office addresses are as follows:
- Bradford: 15 Park View Court, St Paul’s Road, Shipley, BD18 3DZ
- Harrogate: Unit 3, Grove Park Court, Grove Park Terrace, Harrogate HG1 4DP
- Skipton: Ronaldsway House, 36 Brook Street, Skipton, BD23 1PP
- Selby: Community House, Portholme Road, Selby, Y08 4QQ
- Bierley: Bierley Community Centre, 102-104 Bierley House Avenue, Bradford, BD4 6BU
To find out more about these events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0808 50 15 939.