The Carer Navigator service supports friends and families who have a loved one admitted to Airedale General Hospital and Bradford Royal Infirmary.
We have a team of staff, called Carer Navigators, who are dedicated to supporting people who are looking after a relative or friend in hospital.
Support for NHS staff and patients
If you are a professional working in hospital: and asking youself the following questions:
- Is the person ready for discharge?
- Do you have any concerns about their return home or how they or their carer will manage after leaving the hospital?
- Could residential care be an option?
Then a Carer Navigator could be just the support you and your patients need.
What we offer
We offer a range of information and support for carers. These include:
- Support in meetings around discharge from hospital
- Support with organising social and personal care
- Help with emergency planning
- Support with form filling and which services can help
- Supporting the carer in group sessions
- Being someone the carer can talk to
- Connecting with other Carers’ Resource services such as the Carer Card and Advice Line
Support during the pandemic
The service has continued to provide support throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have attended discharge meetings virtually to ensure carers’ needs are heard.
There have been concerns about the lack of ward visits, so we liaised between ward staff and families to address these issues. There are options such as virtual visiting. In exceptional circumstances a visit may be allowed.
We continue to provide advice, information and a listening ear over the phone, so please get in touch.
The pandemic has been a difficult time for everybody. It has been especially challenging for those caring for a loved one. We have being talking to carers on the phone about their wellbeing and completing Emergency Plans for them.
It is important you get help if you are feeling low. Please know that you are not alone! You don’t have to wait for a professional to refer you: we are just at the other end of the phone.
Call us now
If the person you care for is in hospital or has a hospital stay planned, don’t worry alone, pick up the phone and give us a call.
If you are a professional working in hospital and would like to know more, please get in touch.
Carer Navigators can be contacted at:
Bradford Royal Infirmary on 07394569712 or 07394569713
Airedale General Hospital on 07394569714 or 07394569715
Or you can email us at: email@example.com