Without your help and support Carers’ Resource would not be able to go that extra mile for the carers and other vulnerable people we work with. Although many of our services are funded by local authorities and NHS organizations many of the extra work we offer carers is not directly funded. Setting up events and groups in particular relies on fundraising.
There are many ways in which individuals, businesses, organizations and schools help us.
Make a donation
- £60 – We support local young carers aged 7 – 18. A break from caring during the school holidays or one-to-one mentoring can make such a difference.
- £25 – Exhausted, worried and isolated. Carers can be feeling any of these. Your gift means we can provide one-to-one support to carers when they need it most.
- £15 – Makes Christmas special for a young carer by providing a treat.
- £12 – Keeps 5 isolated carers in touch with us for one year via our newsletter, Choices.
You can also donate by setting up a direct debit. Download our direct debit form.
Pay by cheque
Please make cheques payable to: Carers’ Resource (if your donation is for Young Carers please write this on the back)
Send your cheque to: Fundraising, Carers’ Resource, 11 North Park Road, Harrogate HG1 5PD.
Please include your name, contact number, email address and postal address details so that we can thank you for your support. Thank you!
Donations in memory and legacies
You might also wish to support us by:
- Contributing the collection from a funeral.
Donations at funerals are a special tribute to the memory of a loved one and really make a difference to us.
- Leaving a legacy in your will
After you’ve taken care of the people you love in your will, a gift to the Carers’ Resource is a positive way of making sure carers are cared for in the future.
- Giving a gift in memory of a loved one
Special dates, such as birthdays and anniversaries, that remind us of loved ones who have died are often events we wish to mark in some way.
Fundraisers and sponsored challenges
Carers’ Resource are a great choice if you’re looking for a charity to fundraise for. Organize a fun event to raise money for us, and we can support you if needed.
We recommend setting up a page on Just Giving http://www.justgiving.com/
Team building, profile raising or just to give something back. A fundraising event or sponsored challenge for your colleagues is a great way to have fun, show your business cares about carers, and raise money for Carers’ Resource at the same time.
Support us while you shop
Easyfundraising is a great way to raise money for Carers’ Resource just by shopping online. Instead of buying through your usual retailer, log on to easyfundraising.org.uk and click through to make your purchase.
Once you’ve purchased your items, the retailer will give you a cash reward that you can turn into a donation for us. The best part is, you won’t have to pay anything extra!
Carers’ Resource is also signed up with Amazon Smile to receive donations when you shop. To support Carers’ Resource, you simply need to sign in to your Amazon account at smile.amazon.co.uk and choose Carers’ Resource as your nominated charity.
Did you have a lockdown clear out this year? Do you have unwanted items and don’t know what to do with them? Recycling for Good Causes help raise much needed funds by recycling donated items that are no longer of use. And of course it’s environmentally friendly as well.
Here’s where YOU can help!
You can clear out your unwanted items and help raise funds for Carers’ Resource. We can recycle the following, even damaged or broken:
- Jewellery (any material, wearable or broken)
- Used stamps
- Gadgets (for example: mobile phones, cameras, satnavs, games consoles, tablets, MP3 players)
- Unwanted currencies (all those foreign coins and banknotes from your holidays, no matter how old)
- Empty crisp packets
Please drop items off at our offices when we are open (at the moment on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).