This report shows a mixed picture of support, assessments, advice and information for carers. There are some carers who are getting good support following the implementation of part one of the Care Act and the report gives some examples of good practice. Many carers reported that they had not noticed any differences and 65% of carers had not had an assessment since the introduction of the Act. The report proposes more investment in staff training and support for carers is needed to ensure that the rights of carers are fully recognised across the country.
Latest News Show +
Latest News Hide -
- Free break for carers posted: Wed 11 September
- Choices Issue 108 – September 2019 out now! posted: Sat 24 August
- Young carers stranded by floods! posted: Wed 31 July
- Bradford District carers’ experience survey posted: Thu 6 June
- Choices Issue 107 – June 2019 out now! posted: Thu 23 May
Browse all our news posts.
Current Vacancies Show +
Current Vacancies Hide -
- Care@ Personal Assistants-Weekend Work closing date: Fri 1 November
- Home from Hospital Coordinator – Hambleton/Richmondshire closing date: Wed 23 October