Carers’ Resource is committed to protecting privacy and does not capture and store any personal information about individuals unless they meet one or more of the following conditions:
- They contact us via our website
- They choose to register with Carers’ Resource to receive a service
- They choose to receive mailings (by post or email) from Carers’ Resource
- They make a donation to Carers’ Resource
- They are a member of staff or volunteer with Carers’ Resource
What personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect may vary depending on the services or support an individual receives.
Why do we collect information and personal data?
We collect and store information about carers, clients and their situation so that we can:
- Provide appropriate services and maintain an accurate record of the services we have provided
- Gather statistical information for Carers’ Resource and our funders
- Receive feedback to help improve our services, and to share with our funders
- Keep a record of donations made, including for Gift Aid purposes
- Keep people in touch with the work of Carers’ Resource through our newsletter Choices, and regular updates
We would like to send information about the work of Carers’ Resource, and occasionally other relevant information that may be of interest.
If you agree to receiving information in this way, please let us know.
Who might we share this with?
We may share anonymised information and statistical data about those we provide a service to with our funders.
We may share your information with a partner organisation, if it is appropriate to the service you are receiving.
We do not sell or share personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
What information do we collect about people who use our website?
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on our website and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
How long do we hold your personal information?
Carers’ Resource takes appropriate measures to ensure that personal information is kept secure, and is only kept for as long as necessary and for the purposes for which it was provided.
If the information we hold about you changes, for example if there is change in address, telephone number or email address, please let us know by calling one of our offices or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I access the personal information you hold about me?
You have the right to request information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Carers’ Resource, 11 North Park Road, Harrogate, HG1 5PD
In most cases we will not charge a fee for this service.
If you are not happy with our response, or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
This was last updated in March 2017