Note: this page is for the North Yorkshire Home from Hospital service. There is a separate page for the Bradford, Airedale and Wharfedale service.
Who is Home From Hospital for?
Home From Hospital in North Yorkshire is a free service for people aged 18 and over who are being discharged home and need extra support. We support people who:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Live in North Yorkshire
- Have been at A&E, had a day procedure or a hospital stay
- May also have NYCC Re-ablement support
We can’t help those who:
- Have complex long term care needs
- Only require respite care
How do we help people?
The Home from Hospital can ease a return home, assisting to re-build confidence and independence and preventing hospital re-admission.
Short term support is available, dependent on an individual’s needs and may include:
- Support for family/friends who are caring for a person recently discharged
- Liaising with Health and Social Care professionals
- Help to access appropriate services and organise ongoing support
- Essential food provision
- Prescription collection and medication checks
- Telephone support and keeping in touch
- Light household tasks
We are unable to assist with:
- Personal care (washing, dressing, toileting, TED stockings)
- Giving/prompting medicines
- Providing medical care
How to refer to Home from Hospital – North Yorkshire
Telephone our team on ☎ 0300 365 4600
This can be returned by fax to 🖷 01423 740 771 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org