Be a good egg!
Take part in Britain’s Best Breakfast 10-16 October 2016 to raise much-needed funds for unpaid Yorkshire carers.
Carers’ Resource is taking part in a fundraising initiative set up by the Carers’ Trust to help the UK’s 7 million unpaid carers.
One in eight adults is a carer so it is an issue which affects every family at some time. Help us to support local carers – take part and together we can make a big difference.
Any money you raise will be used to help local carers.
How you can be a Good Egg
- Invite friends round and share a breakfast and ask them to make a donation to help local carers
How businesses can be Good Eggs
- Organise a breakfast event
- Have our collecting tin on display and ask for a donation eg the price of a breakfast or a cup of coffee
- Host a breakfast meeting for colleagues and clients
- Run a Breakfast tombola
- How about a best muffin competition
- Get colleagues together to share breakfast and make a contribution to Carers’ Resource
How schools can be Good Eggs
- Organise a breakfast event or a fun breakfast quiz
- Breakfast tombola
- Guess the number of Cheerios in a bowl
- Have a Pyjama day
- Make tea and toast for teachers
- Pancake flipping competition
Or come up with your own eggciting ideas!
How your donation will help
- £60 – We support local young carers aged 7 – 18. A break from caring during the school holidays or one-to-one mentoring can make such a difference.
- £25 – Exhausted, worried and isolated. Carers can be feeling any of these. Your gift means we can provide one-to-one support to carers when they need it most.
- £15 – Makes Christmas special for a young carer by providing a treat.
- £12 – Keeps 5 isolated carers in touch with us for one year via our newsletter, Choices.