Sarah Shaw is the Newton Prize Project Director at the UK National Commission for UNESCO where she works with the Government’s Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy leading on the high profile Newton Prize with an objective to raise the profile of the Newton Fund, demonstrating to partners and the public the value of collaborating with the UK in science and innovation to tackle the complex global challenges of our age. Sarah is formerly the Communications Director for WISE, a campaign working with businesses to encourage more girls to study maths and science and more women to join the STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) workforce in the UK. Along with extensive marketing, PR, events and advertising experience Sarah also has a background in senior management and was awarded the Institute of Directors Business Woman of the Year Award in 2003. Previously the Head of Marketing, Sales & Service Delivery for One Medicare, a corporate delivering NHS care, she has excellent public sector insight. Earlier in her career Sarah worked in advertising agencies and also owned a successful commercial photography studio. Sarah is also on the Board of Trustees for Remap, a charity that custom-makes bespoke equipment for disabled people. Outside of work Sarah and her husband have two school-aged children, she plays netball, enjoys her book club and socialising with friends. Sarah is a carer for her autistic son.
Latest News Show +
Latest News Hide -
- Free break for carers posted: Wed 11 September
- Choices Issue 108 – September 2019 out now! posted: Sat 24 August
- Young carers stranded by floods! posted: Wed 31 July
- Bradford District carers’ experience survey posted: Thu 6 June
- Choices Issue 107 – June 2019 out now! posted: Thu 23 May
Browse all our news posts.
Current Vacancies Show +
Current Vacancies Hide -
- Home from Hospital Coordinator Hambleton/Richmondshire closing date: Mon 2 December
- Community Fundraiser – Harrogate closing date: Mon 18 November
- Care Support Workers – Bradford closing date: Wed 13 November
- Carers Time Off Coordinator – Ripon and Rural closing date: Wed 13 November
- IT Training and Development Officer – Bradford/Skipton/Harrogate closing date: Wed 13 November
- Senior Care Support Workers closing date: Wed 13 November
Factsheets Show +
Factsheets Hide -
These are five randomly chosen factsheets. Browse our full set of factsheets.