Carers’ Resource supports projects that assist isolated carers to feel more in touch with their families, friends and local communities. Your role is to support clients to alleviate social isolation and teach them how to use IT as a means of keeping in touch with the outside world. This can be one to one in a client’s home or in a social group working with clients individually teaching them to use their mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Tasks you may be responsible for:
- Listening to their concerns
- Showing the client how to use a computer, shop on-line, communicate and how to stay safe etc.
- Completing case notes on the intervention
- Ensuring the carers who need support are referred into to the appropriate team
- IT skills – these don’t need to be at a high level
- Good communicator and listening skills
- Able to establish rapport easily
- Confidence to work alone and in carers homes or the community
- Be able to work as part of a team
IT Volunteers are needed in Bradford and Harrogate