As a Home from Hospital Volunteer, your role is to assist the Home from Hospital team by offering practical help and support to someone who has just been discharged from hospital, who without this support may be isolated or unable to cope on their own. This is a time limited intervention for up to 6 weeks.
Tasks you may be asked to do:
- Supporting the person back into their own home.
- Light domestic tasks – changing light bulbs, washing, testing smoke alarms and other household jobs.
- Volunteers can help by collecting prescriptions and pensions, shopping and posting letters for those that have mobility problems.
- Checking the client is safe, warm and well.
- Just having a chat and being company.
- Non-judgemental, sympathetic and a good listener
- Ability to encourage confidence and motivation
- Good communication skills
- Be aware of potential risks
- Own transport essential
Home from Hospital volunteers are needed in Bradford, Harrogate, Craven and Selby.
Want more information? Enquire about the Home from Hospital opportunity by completing this form.