North Yorkshire Young Carers And Selby Manager
Harrogate and Selby
6th November 2023
Full time (37 hrs/wk), permanent
£29,800 - £32,710
This role is based in either our Harrogate or Selby office. Your usual working week would include 2 days in Harrogate, 2 days in Selby and occasionally in Craven.
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of unpaid carers? Do you have the leadership skills and experience to manage a dedicated team providing essential support and opportunities to improve the resilience of young carers in North Yorkshire? If so, we want to hear from you!
Carers’ Resource is an independent, award-winning Yorkshire charity which has provided services to carers of all ages for over 25 years. The Young Carers team recognises the unique challenges young carers face and we are dedicated to providing them with the support, recognition, and opportunities they deserve. Our organisation strives to empower young carers and help them thrive.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Service Manager to lead our North Yorkshire young carer service (Harrogate, Selby and Craven) and develop our services to carers of all ages in Selby district.
- Team Leadership: Provide effective leadership, offering guidance, support, and supervision to ensure the highest level of service delivery, including:
o Individual Support: Manage the provision of support for carers, ensuring that their individual needs are identified and met.
o Group Support: Manage the delivery of regular youth clubs and peer support groups for adults, ensuring a safe and inclusive environment where carers can socialise, learn, and have fun as well as get respite from caring responsibilities.
o Trips and Activities for Young Carers: Manage the planning and coordination of trips and activities that provide young carers with valuable experiences and opportunities for personal growth.
o Recording: Ensure team members maintain timely, accurate records
- Programme Development: Collaborate with the teams to develop and implement programmes, activities, and events that meet the unique needs and interests of carers of all ages.
- Partnership Building: Establish and maintain partnerships with local organisations, schools, GPs, and community groups to enhance support for carers and advocate for their needs.
- Reporting: Prepare reports, and monitor outcomes to assess the impact of our services.
- Experience in a leadership or management role within a youth or social services organisation or similar.
- Ability to manage budgets and compile reports.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by carers and a passion for supporting their wellbeing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of child and adult safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Organised, detail-oriented, and able to manage time effectively
- Valid, full UK driver’s licence and access to a car during working hours
Why Join Us:
- Make a meaningful impact on the lives of carers
- Hybrid working – office/ community /home (up to 20% of time)
- Personal Development, including opportunities for aspiring leaders
- Accredited training in First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 33 days (including Bank Holidays) plus a day off for your birthday
- Expenses and mileage paid at 45p p/m
- Carer passport if you are a carer yourself
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card and Carers Trust CarerSmart benefits
- Work phone and laptop
- Access to online wellbeing support
- Pension scheme with flexible employee contribution
- Access to staff savings scheme (via third party)
- Occupational sick pay
- Tea and coffee provided in offices
For informal discussion contact Helen Prince on 07976 412101
Apply using the button below.
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 6th November
We are planning to interview in Harrogate on Monday 13th November
Carers’ Resource values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds. Reg. charity no.1049278.
Before applying for this job, please download the role guide below, and read it carefully.
Please tell us in your application how you meet the person specification.