Copyright © 2023 Carers' Resource.|Registered charity No. 1049278.
Company registered in England No. 03054273
Registered office: Unit 3, Grove Park Court, Grove Park Terrace, Harrogate HG1 4DP
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young individuals? Do you possess the skills and enthusiasm to engage with and support young carers aged 5 to 18? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dedicated team as a Child and Youth Support Worker for young carers in Craven and Keighley!
About Us: Carers’ Resource is a local charity providing services to carers of all ages for over 25 years. The Young Carers team recognises the unique challenges young carers face and we are dedicated to providing them with the support, recognition, and opportunities they deserve. Our organisation strives to empower young carers and help them thrive.
• Develop and deliver tailored one-to-one support plans for young carers to address their specific needs and challenges.
• Plan and execute youth clubs, providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming space for young carers to socialise, learn, and have fun.
• Create a dynamic activity program for the school holidays that promotes skill-building, teamwork, and resilience.
• Collaborate with other team members and external partners to ensure the smooth running of all activities and events.
• Keep up to date records within our online database.
• Deliver a multi-agency approach, working with schools, community groups, external agencies and statutory services.
• Raise the awareness of young carers both locally and nationally.
• Understand the importance of signposting and identify suitable support that families can be signposted or referred to
• A genuine passion for working with young people and an understanding of the challenges young carers face.
• Previous experience in working with children and young people
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with young carers on a personal level.
• Flexibility to adapt to the varying needs and demands of the role, including working during the school holidays and at youth clubs.
• A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and rights of young carers.
• Competent user of IT, email, social media, Microsoft Office
• A full UK driver’s licence and access to a car in working hours
What we offer you:
• Hybrid working – office/ community /home
• Personal Development, including opportunities for aspiring leaders
• Accredited training in First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding Children & Adults
• Generous holiday entitlement starting at 33 days (including Bank Holidays) plus a day off for your birthday
• Expenses and mileage paid at 45p p/m
• Carer passport if you are a carer yourself
• Eligibility for a Blue Light Card and Carers Trust CarerSmart benefits
• Work phone and laptop
• Access to online wellbeing support
• Pension scheme with flexible employee contribution
• Access to staff savings scheme (via third party)
• Occupational sick pay
• Tea and coffee provided in offices
• Staff fleece jacket
For informal discussion contact Jo Gregory on 07842314376
Closing date for applications, noon, 28th August.
We are planning to interview in Skipton on 4th September.
Carers’ Resource is an equal opportunities employer. Reg. charity no.1049278
Before applying for this job, please download the role guide below, and read it carefully.
Please tell us in your application how you meet the person specification.