Bradford Young Carers Service Manager
Bradford district, West Yorkshire (Shipley office)
15th November 2023
Full time, permanent
£29,800 - £32,710
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young carers? Do you have the leadership skills and experience to manage a dedicated team providing essential support and opportunities to improve the resilience of young carers in the Bradford district? If so, we want to hear from you!
Carers’ Resource is an independent, award-winning Yorkshire charity which has provided services to carers of all ages for over 25 years. The Young Carers team recognises the unique challenges young carers face and we are dedicated to providing them with the support, recognition, and opportunities they deserve. Our organisation strives to empower young carers in Bradford, Craven, Harrogate and Selby districts, and to help them thrive.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Service Manager to lead our team of young carer workers in the Bradford district.
- Team Leadership: Provide effective leadership to a team of 6 young carer workers, offering guidance, support, and supervision to ensure the highest level of service delivery, including:
- 1:1 Support: Manage the provision of 1:1 support for young carers, ensuring that their individual needs are identified and met.
- Youth Clubs: Manage the delivery of regular youth clubs around Bradford District, ensuring a safe and inclusive environment where young carers can socialise, learn, and have fun as well as get respite from caring responsibilities.
- Trips and Activities: Manage the planning and coordination of trips and activities that provide young carers with valuable experiences and opportunities for personal growth.
- Recording: Ensure team members maintain accurate records
- Programme Development: Collaborate with the team to develop and implement programs, activities, and events that meet the unique needs and interests of young carers.
- Partnership Building: Establish and maintain partnerships with local organisations, schools, and community groups to enhance support for young carers and advocate for their needs.
- Reporting: Prepare reports, and monitor outcomes to assess the impact of our services.
- Experience in a leadership or management role within a youth or social services organisation or similar.
- Ability to manage budgets and compile reports.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by young carers and a passion for supporting their wellbeing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
- Organised, detail-oriented, and able to manage time effectively
- Valid, full UK driver’s license and access to a car during working hours
Why Join Us:
- Make a meaningful impact on the lives of young carers in Bradford.
- Hybrid working – office/ community /home (up to 20% of time)
- Personal Development, including opportunities for aspiring leaders
- Accredited training in First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 33 days (including Bank Holidays) plus a day off for your birthday
- Expenses and mileage paid at 45p p/m
- Carer passport if you are a carer yourself
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card and Carers Trust CarerSmart benefits
- Work phone and laptop
- Access to online wellbeing support
- Pension scheme with flexible employee contribution
- Access to staff savings scheme (via third party)
- Occupational sick pay
- Tea and coffee provided in offices
For informal discussion contact Helen Prince on 07976 412101
Final date for us to receive applications is Wednesday, November 15th
We are planning to interview in Shipley on Friday, November 24th
Carers’ Resource values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds. Reg. charity no.1049278.
Before applying for this job, please download the role guide below, and read it carefully.
Please tell us in your application how you meet the person specification.